Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sappho II the inspiration

to prove a point concerning the emotional nature of sappho's poetry we will try writing a poem about two friends of the same sex and by describing normal emotions one can achieve an effect similar to sappho's writing.

Long do we yurn for that which turns us on
that which arouses us to greater feelings
that bring the mind and body to edge of extasy

Often I do not see the people I love
the heart urns for thier presence
the mind awakes from a deathly sleep
the feeling of living day to day
servings the chores of mere existence

when my companion comes to visit
though long moments apart haunt our relationship
my heart skips a beat

I fill with energy that makes me tingle
feel like waking up in the state of bliss
empassioned by the sweat conversation
and interaction of our full being

seldom do friends not find a way
with pleasant talk to turn heads
of the opposite sex in truth
with the same suave that turn my bossom
to the love of hold fast to for said friend

to see a divine better half stand
staring into the windpows of my friends soul
into those eyes paying attention
to the bond being created within

O seeing such a sight I withdraw
enraptured by a pull in my stomach
pleased yet feeling sick with an odd excitement
as I wait withy bated breath to my friends outcome

my soul shakes with violent fury
anticipating their falling in love
gripping to the moment I depart

never to think of curing sadness for my missing friend
knowing that he sits in a lovers hand
in the arms of someone far from my presence
no matter hoew my soul must endure as I must
the lose of this companion that I love so dearly
I beakon it to make my misery go away.

all I am saying is a good friend can make one feel alive and full of energy and feel bad when my friend finds a mate that draws them from me yet I endure as the friends happiness is worth more than mine that I would acquire by seeing the friend that now has a mate he prefers to be with.

/Though I personally feel happy for such a friend I know people who get jealous and misreble when a best friend goes into a relationship.
I have had friends who got jealous when I chose a woman over them, sorry but I love women in ways guys do not turn me on. Do as you please I will defend your right to be so though I defend my right to love women.
Peace

Theseus next week...

No comments: